[~, R] = sw_rot(rotAxis,rotAngle)
[VR, R] = sw_rot(rotAxis,rotAngle,V)
[~, R] = sw_rot(rotAxis,rotAngle) produces the
R rotation matrix that
rotates any vector around the given
rotAxis rotation axis by
angle in radian. Positive rotation is the right-hand direction around the
rotation axis and using the following rotation formula:
VR = R*V
To rotate tensors ( matrices) use the following formula:
Mp = R * M * R';
[VR, R] = sw_rot(rotAxis,rotAngle,V) also rotates the given
VR are the transformed vectors.
- Axis of rotation, stored in a row vector with 3 elements.
- Angle of rotation in radian, can be also a row vector with number of elements.
- Matrix with 3 rows, where each column is a vector in 3D space.
- Rotated vectors, stored in a matrix with dimensions of .
- Rotation matrix with dimensions of if a single rotation
angle is given. If
rotAngleis a vector,
Rwill contain a rotation matrix for each angle, it’s dimensions are .