[m, asym] = sw_basismat(symop, r, tol)
[m, asym] = sw_basismat(symop, r, tol) determines the allowed tensor
elements compatible with a given point group symmetry. The tensor can
describe exchange interaction or single ion anisotropy. The function
applies the symmetry invariance of the classical energy
. Thus this symmetry
analysis includes the transformation properties of spin operators as
- Generators of the point group symmetry, in a matrix with dimensions of
symOp(:,:,ii)matrix defines a rotation.
- Distance column vector between the two interacting atoms. For anisotropy .
- Tolerance, optional, default value is .
- Matrices, that span out the vector space of the symmetry allowed matrices, dimensions are . Any matrix is allowed that can be expressed as a linear combination of the symmetry allowed matrices.
- Logical vector, for each matrix in , tells whether it is antisymmetric stored in a row vector with elements.