hFigure = swplot.plotion(Name,Value)
swplot.plotion(Name,Value) visualizes selected properties of magnetic
ions stored in a spinw object onto an swplot figure. The supported
properties are the g-tensor and single ion anisotropy.
Name-Value Pair Arguments
- String that defines the type of property that is visualized:
'aniso'ellipsoid is plotted to visualize single ion anisotropy,
'g'ellipsoid is plotted to visualize g-tensor.
- Scaling factor for the size of the ellipsoid relative to the shortest bond length. Default value is 1/3.
- Transparency (alpha value) of the ellipsoid (1 for opaque, 0 for transparent), default value is 0.3.
- Minimum radius of the ellipsoid, default value is 0.08 Å.
- Line width in pt of the main circles surrounding the ellipsoid, if zero no circles are drawn. Default is 0.5 pt.
- Color of the ellipsoid, one of the following values:
'auto'all ellipsoids get the color of the central atom,
'colorname'all ellipsoids will have the same color defined by the string, e.g.
[R G B]all ellipsoids will have the same color defined by the RGB code.
- Color of the lines of the main circles, default value is
'auto'when the ellipses will have the same color as the ellipsoids. Can be either a row vector of RGB code or string of a color name, see the
These parameters have the same effect on any of the
- spinw object.
- Unit in which the plotting range is defined. It can be one of the
'lu'plot range is defined in lattice units (default),
'xyz'plot range is defined in the Cartesian coordinate system in Å units.
- Defines the plotting range. Depending on the
unitparameter, the given range can be in lattice units or in units of the Cartesian coordinate system. It is either a matrix with dimensions of where the first and second columns define the lower and upper plot limits respectively. It can be alternatively a vector with three elements
[a,b,c]which is equivalent to
[0 a;0 b;0 c]. Default value is
[0 1;0 1;0 1]to show a single cell.
- Handle of the swplot figure. Default value is the active figure handle.
- Whether to show the plot on the legend, default value is
true, the tooltips will be shown when clicking on the plot objects. Default value is
- Column vector with 3 elements, all object positions will be
shifted by the given value in Å units. Default value is
truethe plot will replace the previous plot of the same type. Default value is
true, the plot will be centered, independent of the range. Default value is
true, the swplot figure will be zoomed to make the plot objects cover the full figure. Default is
true, a clone of the spinw object will be saved in the swplot figure data which can be retwrived using
false, the handle of the original spinw object is saved which is linked to the input
objand so it changes when
objis changed. Default value is
- Mesh of the ellipse surface, a triangulation class object or an
integer that used to generate an icosahedron mesh with
number of additional subdivision into triangles. Default value is
swpref.getpref('nmesh'), see also swplot.icomesh.
- Number of vertices on any patch object that is not the icosahedron,
default value is stored in
- Handle of the swplot figure.
The name of the objects that are created are
To find the handles and the corresponding data on these objects, use e.g.
sObject = swplot.findobj(hFigure,’name’,’ion’)`.